Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I get started?
- What does a repository mean?
- What is the definition of a Caregiver?
- Are there any costs associated to use this website as a Caregiver or an Employer?
- Are there recruitment fees?
- I lost my password?
- About our Mobile App
- How to register?
- How to create & activate your profile?
- How do I edit my profile?
- How to edit your photo, tagline & about me section?
- Are there any costs associated to use this website as a Caregiver?
- How to pay my membership fees?
- What do my membership fees go towards?
- Tips for a successful profile
- How do employers find me?
- How to register?
- Are there any costs associated to use this website as an Employer?
- How to search for Caregivers using our advanced search filters?
- How to add a caregiver to my favorites?
- How to view the caregivers that you have favorited?
- How to message caregivers?
- How to remove a conversation with a caregiver in the message center?
- How to block a caregiver from messaging you in the message center?
- Can a caregiver message me?
- How to hire the right caregiver?
- First-Time Employers
- Tips for a successful relationship with a caregiver
Our online repository allows caregivers to create and maintain a profile describing their strengths and skills. No longer must caregivers rely on expensive immigration consultants and agency fees as a means of getting matched with a foreign family. Our intelligent search algorithms make it easy for employers to search and find qualified candidates that will specifically meet their family’s needs.
How do I get started?
Are you looking for a family to sponsor you for caregiver work? Become a member now to store your profile online to let families around the globe know that you are available for work. You can refer employers to your profile, and you will be able to be searched by employers. Register now.
Ready to sponsor a foreign domestic worker for caregiving services? Register with us now and begin your search for a foreign caregiver that will meet your family’s needs. Register now.
What does a repository mean?
A repository is a central location in which data is stored and managed.
Our online repository allows caregivers to create and maintain a profile describing their strengths and skills.
What is the definition of a Caregiver?
A caregiver is a person who provides personal care for either children, the elderly, or the chronically ill.
Our world today pulls us in many different directions. Often, we struggle to find a sense of time, harmony and balance between demands which include our jobs, our family, and our personal time. Having a caregiver can relieve our own stresses, knowing that our loved ones are properly cared for in our absence. Hiring a caregiver will help you confidently stay in control of your life as you manage all of your responsibilities.
The responsibilities and duties for the caregiver include, but are not limited to:
- Personal hygiene duties, such as grooming, dressing, bathing, exercising, and using the bathroom.
- Preparing and cooking food, as well as associated tasks such as grocery shopping.
- Basic household chores such as sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, dusting, ironing, watering plants and other miscellaneous housekeeping duties.
- General health care operations such as keeping track of upcoming appointments, managing prescriptions, administering medicine, and supervising the use of medicine(s).
- Mobility aid, such as with getting in and out of a wheelchair, a shower,a car, going up and down stairs as needed.
- Companionship and general supervision.
- Transportation, such as running errands, driving to appointments or activities, help getting in and out of a vehicle.
- Emotional support, providing support in personal matters, emotional requirements, or health-related situations.
- Relief services, such as standing in as a replacement at times to give family members or other caregivers or a temporary break.
- General organization of the home, such as cleaning, packing for a trip, overall organizing, and general upkeep and care.
Are there recruitment fees?
No. No longer must employers and caregivers rely on expensive agency fees as a means of connecting to each other. Employers will simply pay a nominal fee to have access to our repository of caregiver profiles and may contact caregivers directly.
I lost my password?
If you lost your password, no worries, you may easily reset it. Please hover over ''Sign In'' in the menu. Once prompted to sign in, hover over ''Forgot Password,'' enter your email address and press ''Submit.'' We will then send you an email to reset your password.
About our Mobile App
In order to facilitate communication between employers and caregivers, please install our mobile application. Our mobile App is free of charge and may be installed via the App Store (iOS users) or via Google Play (Android Users).
Once you’ve installed the App, all there is left to do is log in from your mobile phone!
Once logged you, you will have the option to keep push notifications on or turn them off. We recommended keeping push notification on to not only be notified of new messages, but also special updates from our administrative team.
How to register?
- Register for free.
- Confirm the email that your provided us with.
- Begin your search using our advanced search filters.
- Select a pricing plan to be able to start favoriting and messaging caregivers of interest.
- Message your favorite caregivers.
Are there any costs associated to use this website as an Employer?
Yes, please see pricing for employers here.
How to search for Caregivers using our advanced search filters?
Our collective experience has helped us define an approach that will serve as a guide to your success. On the caregiver’s search page, we’ve included search filters to help you in your search.
Once on the caregiver’s search page, please take a look to the left of the page, and you’ll find our advanced search filters.
Please use these advanced search filters to narrow down the caregivers that will best fit your needs. You may search caregivers by their name or number. If you’ve previously searched for caregivers and have recorded their number, you may easily find them again.
Once you have defined your general requirements and have found several interesting candidates that you may be able see in the role of a caregiver for your family, you may favorite them, and start messaging the ones that you are most excited about.
You may also search caregivers by their job location preference, the care type that you require, the years of experience the caregiver has in a caregiving role, the living arrangement that you require, the age range that you’re looking for, their cooking skills, and other general information such as if they are able to participate in pet care, has first aid training, is a certified foreign nurse, and more.
How to add a caregiver to my favorites?
Once logged into your account, there are two ways to start adding caregivers to your favorites.
- If you are on the Caregivers page you may add a caregiver to your favorites by clicking on the heart outlined in black next to their photo.
- You may also add a caregiver to your favorites by clicking on the heart outlined in black next to their photo from their profile.
How to view the caregivers that you have favorited?
Once logged into your account, there are two ways to view the caregivers that you have favorited.
- Once you are on the Caregivers page, you may click on the button that says VIEW MY FAVORITES located near the top right of the page. Once that button is clicked, only the caregivers that you have favorited will appear on the page. You may then continue to further filter your favorites by using the search filters on the left-hand side of the page.
- Another way to view the caregivers that you have favoritedis through the My Account dropdown, located at the top-right hand corner of every page. In this dropdown menu, please click on My Favorites – List View to view your favorites on a new page that will list them for you.
How to message caregivers?
If you like what you see on a caregiver’s profile and feel that you would like to begin a conversation with them to ask them more questions about themselves, great. Please note that caregivers will not be able to reach out to you first. Only employers (once they’ve selected a payment plan) may commence a conversation.
On the caregiver’s search page, as well as when viewing a caregiver’s profile, you will find a button that says contact. Once clicked, you will be taken to a message center where you may begin a dialogue with the caregiver(s) of your choice.
We do recommend that you interview as many caregivers as you’d like through our message center or another platform of your choice such as Skype or WhatsApp. We also recommend that at some point in your discussions with a caregiver that you speak to them via video (ex: Skype, Facetime, WhatsApp, Zoom). During the interview process, you will want to consider several factors as you narrow down your list of candidates and make your final decision. We encourage you to take a look at our section on how to hire the right caregiver.
How to remove a conversation with a caregiver in the message center?
If you accidentally clicked to contact a caregiver, but do not wish to converse with that caregiver, or if you would like to simply remove a conversation with a caregiver, you may do so.
To remove them from the conversations' column, simply click on the three small dots located in the top right corner of the box that contains their name. Select "Remove Conversation".
How to block a caregiver from messaging you in the message center?
If you feel that you do not wish to actively converse with a caregiver, you may block them.
There are two ways to block a conversation with a caregiver.
- To block them from contacting you, simply click on the three small dots located in the top right corner of the box that contains their name. Select "Block."
- Alternatively, you may also block them within the conversation. At the bottom of where you would typically write them a message, you will find a button that says "Block." Click on that button, and they will be blocked from further contacting you.
Please note that you may unblock the caregiver conversation and resume messaging at any time.
Can a caregiver message me?
Please note that a caregiver cannot start a conversation with you. Currently, only employers on a purchase plan may commence a conversation. However, once you’ve opened up a conversation with a caregiver, they are free to converse with you as much as they would like. If you become disinterested, you may always delete or block the caregiver.
If you would like to know more about how to message a caregiver, please read our section on how to message caregivers.
How to hire the right caregiver?You must be logged in as an employer to read this section.
First-Time EmployersYou must be logged in as an employer to read this section.
Tips for a successful relationship with a caregiverYou must be logged in as an employer to read this section.
How to create & activate your profile?
- Log in to the account that you already created during Quick Registration.
- Create your profile! Your profile is your online CV or resume. A successful profile will help employers find you, and learn more about you, your interests and experiences. Keep in mind that your profile is your first chance to make an impression - so make it count.
- Upload a photo. The photo that you upload should be a clear one of your face. We recommend that you upload one where you are smiling, and make sure the background is not too busy.
- Create your tagline. A tagline is a brief description that best describes who you are. Example: I have 10 years of experience as a caregiver and I love to work with young children. Your tagline will be displayed with your profile.
- Complete your about me section. This is a free form text field where you’ll have the ability to describe yourself (more detailed than just the tagline).
- Pay your annual membership.
- Success, you’re all set! We encourage you to take control of your success by making sure your WorldCaregivers.com profile is always current.
How do I edit my profile?
To edit your profile, you must log into your account. Navigate to My Account in the top right-hand corner of our website’s menu. In the My Account dropdown menu, please select My Dashboard. Once in your dashboard, you may click on the button that says Edit My Profile. You may navigate to the page that you would like to edit. Once you’ve made changes, click on SAVE & EXIT at the bottom of the page to save them.
How to edit your photo, tagline & about me section?
Once logged into your account, navigate to My Account in the top right-hand corner of our website’s menu. In the My Account dropdown menu, please select My Photo, Tagline & About Me. Once you’ve edited what you wanted to on this page, please click on SUBMIT.
Are there any costs associated to use this website as a Caregiver?
Yes, please see Caregiver pricing here.
What do my membership fees go towards?
WorldCaregivers.com is the world’s first online digital repository of caregivers seeking employment in foreign countries. The membership fees are for web maintenance and our online security systems to ensure that your information is kept safe.
Tips for a successful profile
Tips to help you make the most of your profile.
- Be sure to review your profile regularly. Please update it as needed.
- Be precise about your years of experience. How long have you worked in each position?
- Make sure your tagline is clear, exciting and expressive of who you are. Employers are going to start to get to know you through your profile. Your tagline should be beyond "I like to play with kids," or "I used to babysit for my cousin," which we believe to be too simple.
- Make sure you are smiling in your profile's photo. Employers will be thinking about who may take care of their children, elderly or other loved ones. A smile will bring life to your profile.
- Be personable in the about me section. Use the about me section to grab an employers attention, make you likeable, memorable and credible, but most important, personable. This is your chance for an employer to relate to you before they ever contact you.
- Review your skills. What kind of degree do you have? Are you a nurse? Are you currently taking classes? Be sure to be clear about any training that you may have. An employer must know what skills and experiences you can bring to the job.
- Go premium. Put your best self in front of employers. Our premium membership allows you to upload additional photos of yourself, upload personal videos describing yourself, and answer a detailed questionnaire about your skills, experiences and values. This is important to help employers get to know you better. Most importantly, your profile with stand out with a premium badge next to it, and you will appear higher in search results.
How do employers find me?
Our caregiver questionnaire and unique search filters make it easy for employers to search and find qualified candidates that will specifically meet their family’s needs.
We pride ourselves on putting caregivers with the appropriate experience and necessary skills in front of families in need.
Below are three ways to pay your fees:
- Credit Card
- Pre-paid Credit Card
1. Credit Card
This is the easiest way to pay. If your credit card does not work on our website, this may be because your credit card plan does not allow international purchases. Please speak with your bank for more information.
2. Pre-paid Credit Card
We’ve included some examples below. You must make sure that when you buy a pre-paid credit card, that the card allows you to make online international purchases.
You may obtain a prepaid Visa at the Bank of Cyprus. Learn more here.
Purchase one of the following prepaid credit cards to pay for your membership:
- Tap & Go by HKT - get your iCard online through the Google Play Store or the App Store or obtain a physical Tap & Go Mastercard at a designated retailer like 7-Eleven, Circle K or Sun Mobile - click here to learn more.
- TNG Mastercard - download the TNG Wallet App online through the Google Play Store or the App Store on your phone to apply for a TNG Mastercard. Click here to learn more or join their Facebook group.
- Octopus Mastercard – convert your existing Octopus card to an Octopus Mastercard. Click here.
Many banks in India offer prepaid cards; the most popular ones are ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank, Axis Bank, SBI Bank, Bank of Baroda, etc. Please make sure you may use them for online purchases before loading them with money.
Smartcard through Israel Postal Company, issued by Mastercard. Learn more here.
Some debit cards available in the Philippines that may be used online include Unionbank’s EON Card, Metrobank’s Debit Mastercard, and CitiBank’s Visa Debit Card. Banks in the Philippines that offer prepaid credit cards include BPI, RCBC, and Metrobank.
Another available option to make online purchases:
SMART Money Card. Mastercard powers SMART Money. Please note that you will need to select Mastercard as your mode of payment when setting up your account if you plan on using this gateway.
Apply for a SMART Money Card here.
Find a Mastercard that works for you here.
Apply for a SABB Visa Credit Card here.
MatchMove Mastercard: learn more here.
FEVO Prepaid Mastercard: Top-ups can be done conveniently on the FEVO app via credit/debit cards or through internet banking. Learn more here.
You may obtain a Visa Debit Card through Chunghwa Post Co., Ltd. Learn more here.
Please find steps below on how to create a PayPal account:
Step 1: Sign up for a freepersonal PayPal account (https://www.paypal.com/)
Step 2: Selecting the country where your bank is located
Before creating your account, PayPal will ask for your phone number. However, you must make sure that the national flag in the top left-hand corner of this page is the country's flag that you have a bank account in. If it is not the correct flag, click on the top left-hand corner flag and select the country's flag that you have a bank account in. For example, if you are in Hong Kong as a caregiver and have a bank account in Hong Kong, you should select China's flag. But, if you are in Hong Kong working as a caregiver and only have a bank account in the Philippines, you must select the Philippine flag in the top left-hand corner.
Step 3: Enter your phone number. This phone number must be the same country code as the country flag that you selected above.
Step 4: Confirm your phone number and follow PayPal's remaining instructions on how to link your bank account to your new PayPal account.
Step 5: Now you are ready to pay your fees at checkout using PayPal.